SentriCard® Utility Online Guide
The SentriCard® Utility is a web-enabled app that uses the SentriLock server to send, retrieve, and store information about lockboxes, users, agents, and listings.
The SentriCard® Reader allows the SentriCard® Utility and the SentriCard® to communicate with each other. You will use the reader and the utility to:
- Renew your SentriCard®
- Customize lockboxes
- Change your PIN
- Access the SentriKey® Real Estate website
What the SentriCard® Utility Does
Your SentriCard contains authorization data that allows you to access lockbox key compartments. It moves important data between lockboxes and the SentriLock server. And importantly, by using the SentriCard® Utility and a SentriCard® Reader to renew your SentriCard®, the access information on your card can be kept up to date.
When you insert a SentriCard® into a lockbox, make sure the gold chip is face-up and goes into the lockbox first (just like the chip on a credit card). By design, the card will go in only about halfway.
Install the SentriCard® Utility for Windows
To install the SentriCard® Utility for Windows, the following minimum requirements must be in place:
- Internet connection
- SentriCard® Reader
- Windows version 7, 8, or 10
- Firefox version 3.x or higher; Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher; or Google Chrome
1. Go to https://www.sentrilock.com/downloads. Click SentriCard® Utility 4 Free Download for Windows.
2. Save the .exe file to your desktop or default location.
3. Once it’s downloaded, double-click the .exe file.
4. On the Setup ꟷ SentriCard® Utility screen, click Next.
5. On the License Agreement screen, review the agreement and click the I accept the agreement radio button. Then click Next.
6. On the Setup ꟷ SentriCard® Utility screen, select the additional tasks you would like Setup to perform while installing the Utility. Click Next.
7. Click Install.
8. On the Device Driver Installation Wizard screen, click Next.
9. Plug your SentriCard® reader into a USB port on your computer.
10. When prompted, click Finish to complete the device driver installation.
11. Click Finish to complete the SentriCard® Utility installation.
Install the SentriCard® Utility for Mac
To install the SentriCard® Utility for Mac, the following minimum requirements must be in place:
- Internet connection
- SentriCard® Reader
- Intel-based Mac
- Safari 5 or higher, Firefox 3 or higher, Google Chrome
- OS X 10.6.8 or higher (Snow Leopard)
- Pentium 4
- 512 MB of RAM
1. Plug your SentriCard® Reader into a USB port on your Mac.
2. Go to https://www.sentrilock.com/downloads.
3. Double-click on the SentriCard® Utility 4 Free Download for Mac button. The file will download and automatically be added to your Downloads list.
4. When it’s finished downloading, open your Downloads list and double-click on SentriCard® Utility 4. This will open the disk image.
5. When the disc image opens, drag the SentriCard® Utility icon to the Applications folder.
6. In the Applications folder, double-click on SentriCard® Utility to launch it.
If you have difficulty using your SentriCard® Utility with your SentriCard®, call SentriLock Customer Support for assistance: 866-736-2322.
Following are two SentriCard Readers that will work well with the SentriCard® Utility and they are the most popular. They’re also supported by SentriLock.
Renew Your SentriCard
1. Launch the SentriCard® Utility and insert your SentriCard® into the SentriCard® Reader.
2. The SentriCard® Utility will launch in your web browser to the SentriCard® Utility Login screen. Your SentriKey ID will automatically populate.
3. Enter your password and click Login.
4. Select a Permission and click Submit (if prompted).
5. On the left side of the main menu, click the Renew SentriCard® button. Make sure to leave your SentriCard® in the Reader during the renewal process.
6. When the renewal is complete, you’ll receive a message in the status bar saying Card Status:Connected. Above the status bar, the page will display the expiration date of your SentriCard®.
Change the Utility Browser
After you’ve installed the SentriCard® Utility, you can choose which web browser you’d like the Utility to use. This is helpful if your program is being blocked and you’re unable to use the program successfully.
1. Verify that you have version 4.0.14 or higher of the SentriCard® Utility. If you don’t have this version, you’ll need to update to this version before you can specify your browser.
2. Go to the SentriCard® Utility menu.
3. Click Select Web Browser.
4. Click the desired web browser on the list.
Note: Click Refresh to update the list of browsers. Only web browsers installed on your computer will be discovered.
5. Click OK.
6. On the License Agreement screen, review the agreement and click I accept the agreement. Then click Next.
7. On the Setup ꟷ SentriCard® Utility screen, select the additional tasks you would like Setup to perform while installing the Utility. Click Next.
8. Click Install.
9. On the Device Driver Installation Wizard screen, click Next.
10. Plug your SentriCard® reader into a USB port on your computer.
11. When prompted, click Finish to complete the device driver installation.
12. Click Finish to complete the SentriCard® Utility installation.