Showings on homes with SentriLock lockboxes were down 9% nationally in July compared to one year ago, according to the NAR SentriLock July 2021 Home Showings Report by the National Association of REALTORS® Research Group. Showing activity decreased as demand softened in comparison to prior months, but still remains at high levels.
SentriLock lockboxes are used in roughly one-third of home showings across the nation. Every month, SentriLock, LLC provides its parent company, the National Association of REALTORS®, with data on the number of properties shown by a REALTOR®. Foot traffic has a strong correlation with future contracts and home sales, so it can be viewed as a peek ahead at sales trends two to three months into the future.
- Showings on homes with SentriLock lockboxes decreased 9% in July year-over-year.
- Showings declined year-over-year in virtually every region. Decreases were seen in the Northeast Region (-37%), Midwest Region (-24%), and South Region (-15%), while the West Region increased (21%). Despite the year-over-year decreases, foot traffic is still operating at a high level.
- On a month-over-month basis, showings were up in the Northeast Region, but down in the other three regions.
- The number of active REALTORS® showing homes increased 17% year-over-year.
- The average number of showings per REALTOR® decreased 22% year-over-year.
Excerpted from the NAR SentriLock Home Showings Report: July 2021.