Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the SentriCard® being retired?
“Smart card” technology was developed 20 years ago and has reached the end of its life cycle. We have experienced numerous challenges as smart cards have approached the end of their utility, most notably:
- The hardware needed to support SentriCards® is no longer supported by the manufacturer.
- Smart cards do not support the latest highly desirable home access features that REALTORS® want.
- Bluetooth® technology and connectivity is the new standard for mobile business needs.
As a trusted technology company, SentriLock takes pride in always keeping a keen eye toward the future while staying firmly committed to providing the best overall customer experience and long product life. This means migrating to superior Bluetooth® connectivity and a robust smartphone “App”-based environment. The innovative features and functionality of the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app offer the best customer experience and can be constantly enhanced with improved features that help real estate professionals.
When will the SentriCard® be retired?
Effective March 31, 2024 SentriLock will retire, or deprecate, the use of the SentriCard® for accessing any lockbox.
What does this mean for me? What do I, as an agent, have to do to avoid interruption?
Retirement of the SentriCard® means that it will no longer be supported as a means of access to lockboxes. You will need to download and use the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app to continue using the SentriLock system to show properties.
What are the benefits of moving to the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app?
The SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Instant notifications
- Quick access tracking
- Customization of showing instructions
- Listing agent contact information
- Linking to third-party data integration resources
- Rapid generation of One Day Codes
- Automated renewal of credentials!
How do I set up the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app?
- Go to your app store (App Store or Google Play) and search for “SentriKey®.” Download the app.
- Use the same login information that you use to log in to the SentriCard® Utility program or the website to enter the app.
- Upon your first login, the app wizard will ask you to enable important features to get the most out of the application. You are then ready to perform all lockbox-related functions in one place!
How do I make sure I have access to open lockboxes with the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app?
The SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app will renew your credentials automatically every time you open it. To validate your credentials, we recommend that you open the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app while in Wi-Fi or cellular signal before you open lockboxes using the app.
Are my old lockboxes obsolete?
No, your existing lockboxes will continue to work. SentriLock’s SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app is backwards-compatible with all lockboxes. To take full advantage of the features and functionality available through the app, we recommend using a Bluetooth®-enabled lockbox, but our app solution will work with all existing SentriLock previous-generation lockboxes.
How do I open the key compartment on a non-Bluetooth® lockbox?
- Open the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app.
- Tap the View Nearby Properties button at the bottom of the page. The property list will be displayed.
- Tap the desired listing and authorize it with your PIN or Touch/Face ID. Tap OK.
- If a listing doesn’t show up, enter the lockbox serial number in the Search field.
- The SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app will present you with a code to key into the lockbox.
How do I release the shackle on a non-Bluetooth® lockbox?
- Open the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app.
- Tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner.
- Navigate to My Lockboxes and tap Release Shackle.
- Select Get Shackle Release Code at the bottom of the page.
- Select the listing or lockbox serial number and specify the date.
- The SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app will present you with the shackle code to key into the lockbox.
Can I access the lockbox with the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app when I am outside of cell coverage?
Yes. Cellular service is not required to open a Bluetooth®-enabled lockbox. However, SentriLock recommends the use of a Bluetooth®-enabled lockbox in an area with limited to no cell coverage.
Watch this video: How to Access a Bluetooth® Lockbox Without Data or Wi-FI
Despite the retirement of the SentriCard®, all previous generations of SentriLock lockboxes can continue to be accessed – including those without Bluetooth® connectivity – by using the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app. Non-Bluetooth® lockboxes can be accessed through app-generated codes entered via the lockbox keypad.
The process for accessing a non-Bluetooth® lockbox without a SentriCard® is the same in areas with no cellphone coverage; however, obtaining access requires more advanced planning, and you may not always know in advance if you are going to an area with limited or no cellphone coverage. A non-Bluetooth® lockbox can still be accessed through an app-generated code entered via the lockbox keyboard.
Watch this video: How to Access a Non-Bluetooth® Lockbox Without Data or Wi-Fi
Can I release the shackle when I am outside of cell coverage?
A non-Bluetooth® lockbox requires cellular coverage to release the shackle. SentriLock recommends the use of a Bluetooth®-enabled lockbox in an area with limited to no cell coverage, as cellular service is not required to release its shackle.
How can I get help using the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app?
There are several ways to get assistance or learn more when using the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app.
- How-to Videos: Watch SentriKey® Real Estate how-to videos to see how to enable key functionality within the SentriKey® Real Estate mobile app.
- Help Topics: Visit the help section for your specific mobile device:
SentriKey® Real Estate: iOs Mobile App
SentriKey® Real Estate: Android Mobile App
And, if you need immediate help or have questions, you can always call our Lockbox Customer Support Team at 1-513-618-5800 or email email@example.com from 8 a.m. to midnight, 7 days a week. Or, visit our Lockbox Support Page at your convenience.