Home Pre-sale Safety Checklist
It’s a seller’s market and people are paying top dollar for homes, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a stressful time for your client. Potential buyers will be entering the home, so it is important that the property is secured.
Here is a home pre-sale safety checklist REALTORS® should review with their clients prior to putting it on the market.
- Walk through the home with your client to identify what needs to be removed or secured.
- Talk about the screening process with your client:
– What is the process for identifying and qualifying buyers for showings?
– Is there a screening process to identify who is entering and exiting the home?
– Homeowner’s safety procedures during a showing
- Review the home’s entries and exits to assure the home is secure while on the market.
- Go over instructions to share with other agent on how to secure the home after each showing.
- Be sure to instruct sellers to NEVER show their home on their own. Always make sure an agent is screening potential buyers to keep homeowners safe.
SentriLock provides a lot of these tools right in the SentriKey® Real Estate app. Security begins with our durable, secure lockboxes built to withstand just about anything. Security and safety should never be an add-on, they are in the forefront of our app and are not an added cost.
REALTORS® get instant notifications at the start and finish of a showing, the app provides reporting, so clients know who has entered and left the property. Property listing details, including safety procedures to properly secure the home after a showing, can all be viewed in the SentriKey® Real Estate app.
On the agent side a built-in safety check-in feature can be enabled for peace of mind when hosting an open house or during a showing. This feature gives regular check-ins with the user to assure they are safe at the property.
With SentriLock, safety is a priority for both REALTORS® and their clients.
For more tips on REALTOR® safety visit nar.realtor/safety/safety-articles.